Accommodations Near Waste Management Open Golf Tournament
January 16, 2020
Perhaps former President Gerald R. Ford perfectly summed up the frustration and challenges of playing golf, at least for the average golfer: “I know I am getting better at golf because I am hitting fewer spectators.”
While this year’s contestants will likely not hit any of the (approximately 700,000) spectators, Ford’s sentiment is widely understood as an unspoken truth.
The golfers who will compete at the 2020 Waste Management Phoenix Open will strive to beat last year’s $13.2 million, raised for charity, starting on Monday, January 27th and ending on Sunday, February 2, at the TPC Scottsdale. Last year’s purse set a tournament record for the eighth straight year. This year’s tournament will mark the 85th playing of the event.
A few fast facts about the WMPO
- The WMPO is the best-attended golf tournament in the world with more than 700,000 fans in attendance.
- Has won the PGA TOUR’S “Best Title Sponsor Integration” award for diverting 100% of tournament waste from landfills.
- All ticket sales and volunteers are coordinated through the Thunderbird organization.
- The WMPO is known as “The Greatest Show on Grass,” as well as “The People’s Open.”
- Has been named the Tournament of the Year by the PGA TOUR three times: 2014, 2015, and 2018.
Along with the on-course enhancements, the WMPO tournament entrance will sport a brand-new look with an open-air environment that will feature bar areas, concession stands, and activation stations to create a fun, inviting area for fans to serve as a meeting place before, after, and during the open.
About Desert’s Edge RV Park
Desert’s Edge RV Park is located in Phoenix, Arizona and offers sites for RVs of all sizes including motor homes, 5th Wheels, and travel trailers. You’ll also find great amenities such as a hot tub, heated pool fitness center, and game room. Reserve your space today at the premier accommodations near Waste Management Open, at www.desertsedgerv.com/reservations/.